Each of these links will open a new window and take you out of the Oklahoma Health Care Authority website. To return to the OHCA Web site, click on the "x" in the upper right hand corner of the opened window to close. The Oklahoma Health Care Authority is not responsible and does not maintain the content on the websites below.
- Evidence-Based Self-Management Physical Activity and Education Programs - What are evidence-based programs? They are programs which are "packaged so it can be delivered in the same way by whomever delivers it (standardized leaders guide, leaders training, and program materials)" and they are supported with evidence or "scientific studies demonstrating the program 'works' - i.e. accomplishes what it is designed to accomplish." These programs are available in communities statewide at low cost to no cost. Please call locations directly for more details.
- Living Longer Living Stronger With Chronic Conditions - This program is attended by people with different chronic diseases. In classes, they learn how to manage, maintain, and increase their life activities.
- Insure Oklahoma - Oklahoma Employer/Employee Partnership for Insurance Coverage - A health insurance premium assistance program for qualified Oklahomans meeting certain criteria
- Join.OK.Gov - Community resource directory and eligibility screening tool
- BEST - Social Security Benefit Eligibility Screening Tool
- Evidence-Based Physical Activity and Education Programs - What are evidence-based programs? They are programs which are "packaged so it can be delivered in the same way by whomever delivers it (standardized leaders guide, leaders training, and program materials)" and they are supported with evidence or "scientific studies demonstrating the program "works" - i.e. accomplishes what it is designed to accomplish."
- Foundation for Health Coverage - Oklahoma Health Coverage tools and resources
- RX for Oklahoma - Prescription assistance program
- Senior Care & Home Care Directory - Care.com is the premiere source of trustworthy care options for every family member: children, elderly parents, and even pets. Our new Senior Care Directory provides a comprehensive listing of resources by state in seven categories: housing resources, transportation resources, home care, end-of-life care, legal resources, and financial planning and management.
- PACE - Thousands of families across America have found a different and better kind of care for their aging loved ones – PACE. And what these PACE families have experienced is a program that provides and coordinates all the types of care your loved one needs, so you don’t have to place them in a nursing home.
Oklahoma State Agencies
- ABLE Tech - Oklahoma ABLE Tech is a statewide assistive technology program
- DRS Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services - As the primary agency dedicated to disability services in Oklahoma, DRS offers a wide range of programs for approximately 180,437 individuals each year
- OKDHS Oklahoma Department of Human Services - Services for communities, children and youth, families, persons with disabilities, seniors, food stamps, and medical and health
- Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services - Help lines, services, and information
- OSDH Oklahoma State Department of Health - Community health services, Children First program, Women Infant and Children (WIC), vital records, and more
- Oklahoma Tobacco Health Line Helpline: (800) Quit-Now or (800) 784-8669
- (800) Quit-Now - SoonerCare quit smoking brochure
- State Department of Education - To improve student success through: service to schools, parents and students; leadership for education reform; and regulation/deregulation of state and federal laws to provide accountability while removing any barriers to student success
- State of Oklahoma - The official Web site for the State of Oklahoma
- SoonerStart Program - Oklahoma's early intervention program designed to meet the needs of infants and toddlers with disabilities and developmental delays
State Licensing and Oversight Boards
- Oklahoma Board of Dentistry - To promote, protect, and provide public health and safety to the citizens of Oklahoma by regulating the practice of dentistry, dental hygiene, and dental assisting
- Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensing and Supervision - Vital information on medical practitioners licensed by the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision (OSBMLS)
- Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth - To improve services to children by: facilitating joint planning and coordination among public and private agencies; independent monitoring of the children and youth service system for compliance with established responsibilities; and entering into agreements to test models and demonstration programs for effective services
- AHRQ Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality - To improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans and support efforts to translate research into practice
- CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - To promote health and quality of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability
- NIH National Institutes of Health - The primary federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research
- National Library of Medicine - The Library collects materials and provides information and research services in all areas of biomedicine and health care
- do2Learn - Do2learn provides thousands of pages of social skills and behavioral regulation activities and guidance, learning songs and games, communication cards, academic material, and transition guides for employment and life skills. To make the experience as pleasant and easy as possible, we display no ads nor require that you login to access our website.
Federal Government Agency Information
- CMS Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services - To ensure effective, up-to-date health care coverage and to promote quality care for beneficiaries
- DHHS Department of Health and Human Services - The United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves
- HIPPA Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act - National standards to protect the privacy of personal health information
- SSA Social Security Administration - To advance the economic security of the nation’s people through compassionate and vigilant leadership in shaping and managing America's Social Security programs
Helpful Telephone Numbers
Self-Management Education Physical Activity Interventions
- Oklahoma 211 - Free 24 hour telephone number that connects people with local Oklahoma community resources
- 1-877-NO-BUTTS, 1-866-ONLY-AIR, 1-800-Quit Now - Additional help to quit smoking